Had a great ride today. She was a little strong and dull yesterday, so today I decided to lunge her with side reins. She was really good on the lunge line, and just as good when I rode. Our trot was a lot more consistant and foreward without being strong. Canter was lovely. One transition we had she stayed completely round and the first step was really uphill. Cantering her hard way wasn't quite as good; she was leaning a bit and it took some efficient riding to keep her shoulder on the circle. At the end of the ride we had some amazing leg yeild. Perfectly straight, with some crazy crossing over, loose, instant... it was just great. After a little cool down I took her up the road a bit and boy was she spooky haha. But it has been months since we've ridden up the road, so I'll just give it sometime, she was really good about going up the road last year.
I've got her up to a scoop of grain a day, going to keep it low like that though until school gets out and I can be up there everyday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment